Dear Quick Styx Parents and Players,
We are looking forward to a great 2018 lacrosse season and the continued growth of girls youth lacrosse in Seattle and the state of Washington! Your board has been hard at work with pre-season planning. We are excited to have the teams hit the fields!
Please review these updates:
Teams: We will be fielding the following teams during the upcoming season:
- 2nd grade (U-9) Team White: plays a shorter season focusing on skill development and fun. Practice starts April 9 (schedule below) and will be 4-6 Fridays of practice. They will play four games 4/25, 5/5, 5/12, 5/19 and the year-end jamboree at Starfire June 2-3.
- 3/4th grade (U-11) Team Gold, Team Black, Team Maroon: plays a full spring season with games on a smaller size field. Practice starts February 26th (schedule below). The games will start March 24-25 and they will play in the jamboree at at Starfire June 2-3.
We need parent volunteer help with the U11 team! If you can help coach, at practice, etc. please email me.
- 5/6th grade (U-13) Team Black, Team Gold, Team Maroon: plays a full spring season with full field games. Practice starts February 26th (schedule below). The games will start March 24-25 and they will play in the jamboree at Starfire June 2-3.
- 7/8th grade (U-15) Team Gold, Team Maroon, Team Black: plays a full spring season with full field games. Practice starts February 26th (schedule below). The games will start March 24-25 and they will play in the jamboree at Starfire June 2-3.
Volunteer jobs: We are a volunteer-based organization and we rely on everyone’s participation for a successful season. We have a wonderful dedicated board and are looking to add to this group. If you have special talents or would like to join the board please reach out to me. We are looking to build our team and our bench of current/potential board members. Please let me know how you would like to volunteer. Your coaches will need help as well. Please help by signing up to be the Team Manager, Field Set-Up, Sideline Coach (who controls the parents), etc. Get involved it is fun and needed!
Registration/Team Websites: The following link is used for our registration and also our team websites www.queenannequickstyx.usl.la/. Your Coach or Team Manager will follow up with details. You can log into the system with your User ID and PW you used to register, click on the Teams Tab, division (ex U13) and then your specific team. League Athletics is the website and you can also download an app, https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.leagueathletics.mobile&hl=en, to help stay on top of your team’s info.
Time commitment: Our goal is that registered players will be able to attend 75% of all team practices and games. This allows the girls to see improvement in their skills, build camaraderie as a team, learn to play together and feel a part of this program. We encourage our players to play multiple sports. Communication is the key. If you have a conflict and will miss a practice/game please let your Coach and Team Manager know ahead of time. This is respectful and it allows them to plan accordingly.
- Practices: Our fields are at Queen Anne Bowl, Lower Woodland and Interbay (turf field). Practices will start the week of Feb 26, 2017 and run through June 1, 2017. Starting Tuesday, February 14, practices can be viewed on the website under your team’s tab.
- U15 Black 8th Grade Team, Coaches: Kaitlin Tripp-Addison & Keaton Corder-Swanson. Practice will be twice a week on Mon/Wed primarily at Lower Woodland for 90 minutes each.
- U15 Maroon 7th Grade Team, Coaches: Carolyn Sherman & Jason Oximana
- Practice will be twice a week on Wed/Fri primarily at Lower Woodland for 90 minutes each.
- U15 Gold 7th Grade Team, Coaches: Brett, Carolan, Lucinda Caldwell & Chris Parent. Practice will be twice a week on Mon/Fri primarily at Lower Woodland for 90 minutes each.
- U13 Maroon 6th Grade Team, Coaches: Jes Dvorak & Chad Gardner.
- Practice will be twice a week on Tue/Thurs at Lower Woodland for 90 minutes each
- U13 Gold 5th Grade Team, Coaches; David Fitzgerald, Signe Burke & Asa Noriega. Practice will be twice a week on Tue/Thurs at Lower Woodland for 90 minutes each.
- U13 Black 5th Grade Team, Coaches: Carolyn Sherman, Mike Masterson, Colleen Sherman. Practice will be twice a week on Tue/Thurs at Lower Woodland for 90 minutes each.
- U11 Maroon 4th Grade Team, Coaches: Jim Vanderslice & Anne-Marie Dion
- U11 Gold 3/4th Grade Team, Coaches: Katie Obee
- U11 Black 3rd Grade Team, Coaches: TBD in the next two weeks.
- Practice will be 75-90 minutes with the first two practices at Interbay Athletic Center and on Fridays at Queen Anne Bowl.
The U-9 program
- U9 White 2nd Grade, Coaches -Gretchen Kayser. Practices will be one per week on Fridays at the Queen Anne Bowl, starting on April 9th and will be 60 minutes each.
- Games: Games are Saturdays and Sundays. Be prepared as your team will travel. In order to grow the game it is essential that we make every attempt to field full teams for every game no matter the location.
- Jamborees: The league will also offer two jamborees that may include Sunday times as well: Pre-season Umpire training Jamboree for U-13 and U-15 is scheduled for a weekend in March.
The always terrific End of Year Jamboree set for the weekend of June 2-3 at Starfire.
US Lacrosse has come out with new equipment guidelines. Here it is http://www.uslacrosse.org/safety/equipment. Please pay close attention to:
-Eye Wear Equipment is ASTM 3077. When you purchase your eye wear makes sure it complies with the new rules.
-Mouthpiece –Please have your player with colored mouth guard. They will not be able to play with a white or clear mouth guard. The color makes it easier for the ref’s to see them. Please buy a colored mouth guard and make this a non-issue.
Due to a shortage of adult officials in girl’s lacrosse the league is mandating that every HS/Youth program recruit at least one new adult official for the upcoming season. The league is prepared to institute a substantial monetary penalty as well as the likely forfeiture of games for those programs who fail to comply. If you are interested in becoming an official or have questions regarding the league’s policy please contact Brett Carolan at
We thank you for reviewing this team information together with your player. We are looking forward to another fabulous season at Queen Anne Quick Styx.
For questions, comments or to join please contact Brett Carolan at
Queen Anne Quick Styx