QUEEN ANNE QUICK STYX LACROSSE CLUB
CODE OF CONDUCT AGREEMENT
The Queen Anne Quick Styx Lacrosse Club acknowledges that sports and competition rely on the basic values of sportsmanship and ethical conduct; respect, fairness, civility, and honesty. Therefore the club requires its athletes, coaches and parents to adhere to the standards that these values create.
Parents, coaches and players are required to follow the club’s code of conduct. Players and Parents who violate these rules may be disciplined at the game (told to leave). Violations may result in a variety of consequences, including player suspension and parental bans. Coaches are responsible for their players and for controlling their sidelines. Disruptive players or parents who do not follow the coach’s instructions will not be tolerated.
Code of Conduct for players:
1. Learn and observe the rules of the game.
2. Treat other players as you wish to be treated. Control your play and discipline yourself.
3. Listen to your coaches and accept their advice with respect.
4. Respect the referees. Do not question their decisions.
5. Demonstrate good sportsmanship on and off the field of play.
6. Show respect towards ALL coaches, players and officials at ALL times.
7. Attend practices, games and all other team functions on time.
8. Win with grace and lose with dignity. You and your team will be judged by your behavior.
Code of Conduct for Parents and Guardians:
1. Support the efforts of the coaches and the club. Set a good example by always showing good sportsmanship. Always be supportive of your child, their teammates and coaches. Remember that every player on the team is a contributing player. Spread your encouragement equally amongst the team.
2. Be appreciative of good play from both sides.
3. Respect the officials and their decisions.
4. After each match, have a positive attitude and show appreciation for the importance of your child’s effort. Remember that playing the game well is more important than winning.
5. Support your team and club by volunteering your services when needed.